Wasilly Kandinsky

Wasilly Kandinsky is an artist that I have found particularly inspiring in context lectures and I feel it could also be translated back to my past few months of experience with Motion Design.

Although these paintings that Kandinsky composes are stationary forms, I feel like metaphorically they are meant to be the opposite. To me, these pieces look extremely adventurous, lively and animated, anything but stationary paintings. The sheer aspect of line and shape itself is extremely effective with curvatures and straight lines representing alternate forms of movement, and that paired with the adventurous forms of colour is truly magnificent.
In a way, it reminds me of our project in which we had to use the shapes to represent the different words in compositions. Personally looking at Kandinsky's pieces I feel a sense of adventure and a euphoric energy about them.

Kandinsky was mythed to have a form of Synesthesia, where the senses are somewhat muddled. In Kandinsky's case, most of his pieces are supposedly composed to represent his confusion of being able to see sounds instead of hear them. After having heard this, I think it really shows the beauty of the work that Kandinsky produced, the colour and melodic shapes in a busy composition representing sound and pitch.
I love the abstract element of every piece, although all representing a similar feeling of sound in a series, each composition is completely unique and inviting.

Kandinsky once said -
Colour is the keyboard, the eyes are the harmonies, the soul is the piano with many strings. The artist is the hand that plays, touching one key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment