Creative Advertising

Throughout the course of college as well as University, the aspect of creative advertising has always appealed to me, in accordance to this, I have been looking into what fields of work I could get into after my degree finishes, and due to the competitive nature of the Creative Advertising industry, a Masters degree is something that I will be looking into.
MMU is a favourable choice for me as I've found this course in particular very fitting for my needs and I am overall impressed by the University itself, therefore this has inspired me into looking into other Master Degree courses that the University presents. When looking into this I found a Creative Advertising MSc/PgDip/Pgcertificate course which has appealed to me. Regardless of the fact that financial troubles will be the only thing holding me back from such a course, I decided to look further into such courses and how they could help me put a foot in the door in terms of the creative industry.

In contrast with this I've also looked into different internships available in the Creative Advertising Industry. I have found a website of a company set in London who describe what they look for in interns and their advice for people aspiring to be part of such and industry:

Top ten tips for a career in advertising:
  • Network.
  • Stand out.
  • Research the different roles within advertising agencies and the industry.
  • Don't be afraid of rejection or failure.
  • Strong communication skills.
  • Understand IT, online and offline digital marketing and communications.
  • Solve problems.
  • Creative and innovative.
  • Numerical and analytical.
  • Possess commercial awareness.

Inspiringinterns.com -
Perfect way of getting your foot in the door is to look at such sites like I've found 'Inspiring Interns' a website that develops the enthusiasm and points you in the right direction to become an intern in the creative industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment