Summer Project Brief

Over the Summer I have been looking at general things that inspire me in order to have a further idea on what could be developed in 3rd year as a project. I have on my travels in France, captured some photographs that I have explored and drawn from, such as small things like cloud formations, movements of water, elements etc. These things have inspired me and made me look into the possibilities of using photography and film in pieces such as rotascoping. However, I have explored these ideas in my sketchbook to see what really inspires me.
As well as this, I have been inspired by the aspect of a modern art that has reached popularity in the category of Spoken Word Films, something I'd like to further explore with my own love of writing. My original fascination with such a thing is a video I ironically saw on social media site Facebook, by Gary Turk, a writer of spoken word and film maker. The video is an almost modern form of poetry illustrated by the film aspect, I'd love to have a go at such a technique, but perhaps including my more illustrative style of animation to display what is being said.


(Gary Turk- 'Look Up' Youtube)

I've noticed that there is a delicate art in making the spoken word flow as well as carrying a message, and ensuring that the visuals also contribute to this flow. I really like the concept and would love to look into it further for my own work.


(Prince Ea - 'Dear Future Generations: Sorry' Youtube)

No comments:

Post a Comment