Charity Awareness Videos

With the open nature of our Summer Project being an individual choice gathered by research, I've found that my experience with Charities has been able to inspire certain research into what helps them gain awareness.
A particularly relevant charity to my personal life has been the Alzheimer's Research UK, and I found when looking into their marketing for the donations, that they're very good with social media interactions such as trending metaphorical awareness videos such as this 'Share the Orange' campaign to show the effects of the disease in a different way.


The video with added film manipulation of the orange slowly falling apart, is a good metaphor for the loss of memory and brain capacity, and partnered with a soothing voice of a celebrity who says he's experienced the loss himself: Christopher Eccleston.
In addition to looking at this, I found some interesting other videos also supported by their research (unfortunately I couldn't find the makers of this animation) but I think it's an interesting concept in telling people the facts but with more of a visual aid and interesting colours rather than it being a dull and boring video to inform the audience.
In a way, if I were to do a  similar video to inform the audience of the effects of Alzheimer's disease, it also links to the aspects of genetics that I will be studying for my dissertation 'the nature and nurture of creativity'

No comments:

Post a Comment