Composition In Time

Monday 6th October 2014
Allowing a depth of experimentation, we were free to animate our compositions, making alternate storyboards in our sketchbooks that plan out our overall pieces.
 After having had this opening discussion, I decided to choose three main pieces that I'd like to animate to further enhance the word. The three I had chosen to animate were 'Uncomfortable', 'Tense' and 'Secure' I planned first off in my book of how to actually make the shapes move.
I started to construct some storyboards in my sketchbook to plan the movement of the shapes.

For tense, I noticed that the point of tension wasn't the transition coming from the right, but actually the point between the triangle and the rectangle, so that is the point of tension overall. So for my new stop motion, I decided to make it appear like it's zoomed into that point, but really I produced a large triangle and large square to allow them to interact to a point of tension.

For secure, I liked the idea of making the shapes look more free and then to cage them into a secure position with the form of thick lines. The two small squares I decided would float freely across the screen on a blank white background and then merge before being separated and secured. I made the line look quite defined and strong, redetermining the amount of security that needed to be represented.
Whereas, for uncomfortable, I included the thesaurus words that I'd researched, such things like 'irritating', 'annoying', 'piercing' etc. so wanted the triangle to represent the figurative source of annoyance, poking the shape repetitively before moving into the composition. I like the overall composition of how the motion builds up to the shapes to overall represent 'Uncomfortable' - I'm also looking forward to applying some audio onto the composition. This task has taught me to expand my horizons of how to represent a particular word without illustrating it individually.





































No comments:

Post a Comment