Foley Technique Project 4- Part A

Monday 13th October 2014
We were told on Friday afternoon to go home and collect some everyday objects that would contribute to this task, which is the Foley technique, a technique that allows artists to add sound to existing clips, used regularly in the Film industry by Foley artists.

Headhunters 
I've been given the video clip 'Headhunters', looking through the clip I am quite worried as my partner isn't present and it's a 4 minute long clip, which I'm finding a bit tedious with the amount of time given to create it. However, I am starting to plan what could represent the different objects in my book, as well as planning into the timings involved.
I'm still finding the overall aspect challenging, the fact that I'm on my own is a challenge, especially when I have to produce such a large series of sounds in order to successfully impact my footage. The problem I'm having is the fact that the film I've been given cuts into different scenes quite quickly with it being a thriller, but it just makes it harder to access the clip in time for the sound. I decided that the best way was to record my sounds as a block and alter or add to any that were missing as I went along the film, ensuring that it was a quicker process. The following clips of sound I had to source from home:


  • The sound of a car pulling away
  • A dog barking
  • The sound of the air outside 
As well as previously collected sounds:
  • Leather noise
  • Bag noise
  • Frames moving
  • Keys in door
  • Door creaking
  • Door opening
  • Door closing
  • Walking slowly
  • Walking with pace
  • Dog scratching noise
  • Drawers closing






















No comments:

Post a Comment