Kinetic Verb 'LIFT'.

I've used the word Lift as an effective verb to be used with an additional element. (In this case the additional element being a line) The behaviour of the word I wanted was to capture the essence of being a heavy group of objects being gathered and then lifted by what I'd like to resemble is a fork lift truck. Through my research I learnt the behavioural patterns of lifting and how it can be associated with different forms of lifting. I looked into lifting weights, the mechanical forms of lifting, and simple lifting of objects. However I decided that lift with additional features of resembling a fork lift truck would be most effective to use for this design.
From the first attempt of the animation, I liked the interaction between the line and letters, but I wasn't so sure about the interaction of the bases against the white. The letters sat below the top of the shape and it just didn't look right, it seemed to appear more like the letters had sunk into the shape rather than being carried by it. Due to this, I learnt to prepare the letters to sit on the line of the shape instead to look more like it was carrying the letters upwards.

After having altered the key points in synchronisation with the changes to the Rotation and Position, I liked the position of the letters on the shape overall. However, I felt there were necessary changes that needed to be made to the letters to make the movement after they were scooped up less energetic, as they seemed to have someone got the energy from nowhere, and they appeared to be swaying in the wind rather than wobbling from the force of the lift. Therefore, I chose to improve on this copy further, making a duplicate of the composition with 'Ctrl D' to ensure that I could alter the movement whilst still noting the progress that has taken place.
There was also the consideration that had to made of the speed of the letters, using the research that I had collected, I referred to the fact that I wanted the shape and text to resemble a crate and fork lift truck, lifting the letters with strain but still reminding the audience of the lift movement and that it is industrialised rather than say a human lifting a box etc. Doing the research earlier onwards really helped to imagine what I actually needed to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment