Collaboration Research

For my alternate section for the advertisement of the course, it was decided before the Easter break that I will have the ball rolling over some illustrative characters that I will produce.
As my segment of the animation, my composition is going to be a group of little characters bundled on top of each other sleeping, the world that they are in is completely imaginative, due to it being imaginative characters. The actual blank background for the characters may supply an alternate composition, an existing example of using space as an alternate reality is the children's programme 'Pocoyo' a programme that Kris thought of when I pitched my idea to her. The programme uses a white background throughout the entire 3D animation, however uses small features to represent a certain change of location. For example, in this given episode, the background features abstract looking cactuses, suggesting the character's journey to the desert.

So far, I have produced an array of characters and their alternate expressions which I will then print out and move via Stop Motion. The original idea was to use such Photoshopped characters and edit them onto After Effects, however, when assisting Rachel's Stop Motion segment with the title she produced, I felt I should experiment with this alternate technique and evaluation of the decision, it seemed to be a more appropriate technique. Using Stop Motion of for the characters may become time consuming in some respects, however I feel it would bring back the life of the hand drawn characters, and bring back some qualities that could be removed via After Effects and other animation softwares.

No comments:

Post a Comment