Kirsten Lepore

When looking up certain show reels and agencies I have come across the American animator Kirsten Lepore after seeing some of her work when I visited Banksy's Dismaland earlier last year. The pieces she produces are all intricate and mostly containing stop motion or physically drawn animation. She has recently been well known for the first ever stop motion film version of 'Adventuretime' and prides herself on her adaptive nature when it comes to creating props and scenes for animation.
She is very much to me an animator of inspiration with her physical elements that she looks into and constantly collects through the aspects of her work developments. Her style is pretty varied but always falls back on her physical creativity which is also a skill I base my work ethic on to begin with, with the development and creation of my ideas.
The first work I came across of the animator was her work named 'Bottle' in which was a stop motion of a character made of a variety of materials travelling around a beach etc. The piece was played on loop as a film in the Dismaland cinema that I visited when the attraction was open.


The things that I liked about the piece was the intricacies of the stop motion involved and the fact that there is a build up of emotion between the characters despite the fact that they don't possess any facial features that represent certain emotions for this. I have researched into this further and found the Making Of for this stop motion also quite quirky and interesting to see how she developed the animation as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment