Oscar Wilde's The Nightingale & The Rose Animation

I've come across this film produced by Aquarius Films, a film company based in Australia. This piece is a collaboration of the children's story 'The Nightingale & The Rose' by Oscar Wilde. It explores the spoken text beautiful with delicate links to the work. It reminds me of the style I wanted to capture with the RAF animation for the Connections brief. The style of the animation is something that I really like, the way in which it is colourful and withholds certain characteristics, and quite illustrative is something I really like. I watched the whole film on the plane to New York and it was so

inspirational, definitely a well thought out visual piece. Alike my RAF project, the narrative of the written story very much predicts the overall images that is shown on screen, which is a nice way of making these things synchronise together as a collaborative piece. Artist Del Kathryn Barton collaborated with animators and the producers of Aquarius to produce the piece and I really like how her style of her usual illustrations is captured in this piece. I like how our Discussion Forums on Style have been linked to this, as despite being given a brief to produce an animation for the story, the illustrator has been able to keep her original style.

No comments:

Post a Comment