Social Media Impacts

When looking on social media itself, ironically there's a lot of posts about the powerful effects it has on society. Here's a few pieces I've found on social media that successfully link back to the underlying problems my animation will explore.

Am I Ugly? - by Nowness
A video that is going viral on Facebook is this video posted by social group Nowness. It shows the distortion and brainwashing of young girls due to media elements. It's shocking how young these girls are and the impact that media has had on them, how they speak of how fake beauty is more important than natural beauty. Although these are acted out clips, they are real life opinions of young girls who have been impacted by the beauty industry. It makes the audience feel uneasy and disturbed which I think is a successful outcome with the editing of distorted clips and sound effects together.


The Video below is a video I found on Facebook declaring how zombified the human race have become through the aspect of social media and technology. I found this linked successfully back to how I've made the characters in my animation be lead by another force and be almost zombified themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment