Final Idea Production

After having been able to find the idea, I've been producing an array of alternate fruit segment and slice drawings with fine-liners and markers which I then will edit into the flower aspects eventually. I looked into what fruit the company actually use in their drinks in order to see what I could effectively illustrate and show how the alternate flavours can be displayed in a more fun way.
Although I have tested a few other physical techniques for the fruit in my sketchbook such as felt and paint, I think that the most effective technique has certainly been the marker and fine liner aspects, as I believe these have more character and offer that raw and natural aspect that I strive for in the animation. It also means that there is more colour and less digital elements involved, allowing me to experiment with a technique I haven't really tried before, with drawing and scanning the elements in.
I have settled for the aspect of such fruit that resembles petals e.g lime, lemon etc. to become the petal aspects on some of the fruit flowers, whereas for the middle part I would include the aspect of blueberries and cranberries for the more circular aspect. Looking at the sketches involved I can see that once discussed with Rick, an aspect of rotation of the slices is important, so I will analyse the alternate slices of fruit and see what they'd look like from different angles in order to animate them successfully.
I could perhaps even analyse real fruit myself, by cutting and slicing some fruit that I have purchased and photographing and drawing from it in that way.

Fruit included in Feel Good Co.'s drinks:

  • Apple
  • Lime
  • Orange
  • Mango
  • Peach
  • Pineapple
  • Passionfruit
  • Lemon
  • Blueberry
  • Cranberry
  • Strawberry
In addition to the simplified fruit sketches, I've produced some actual versions of what the flowers would look like as a whole to ensure that the composition itself actually looks aesthetically pleasing, and to ensure the changes in colour scheme will work well with the design overall.
Original Sketch
Clone Tool Edit with Photoshop, to see what it would look like in vast numbers.


No comments:

Post a Comment