Crimeboard Preparation

One of the Original Shots
In order to ensure that everything looks authentic, I have been working on producing my own evidence and bits and bobs to put on my board. Such things as mugshots, sticky notes, statements and evidence of alternate DNA etc. is all important for making the crime board look like it successfully represents the genre of Crime I'd like to show for the aspect of Film4.
I decided to make my own murder story up to ensure that the props actually look like they belong together rather than having all different forms of movements of crime.
Due to one of my models deciding to wear Scrubs from a veterinary centre, we came up with the idea that Beth (pictured right) would be the main murderer, with Hazel (below) as a side criminal, like a sidekick, the idea was that they are both criminals but Beth ended up killing Hazel, thus having the mugshots of them both as well as a set up murder photograph of Hazel herself which I intend to edit, and fake witness statements etc. After studying what is usually on the boards I have produced the following...
Beth's Mugshots

Photography I Produced Myself
In order to be authentic and to make my own crime story up, I have decided to use people I know as models for some photographs that will be put on the featured board when I set it up. I decided I'd like to keep most of the features of the board (photographs etc) in Black and White to enhance the red strands to ensure they're not lost against all the different things going on in the background.
Hazel's Mugshots
Using photoshop, I edited together some shots that I thought were effective in order to resemble some mugshots. These were too distracting in colour, so decided to enhance certain points of the picture with black and white elements.
Original Copy of Hazel 'Dead'
 During the actual shoots I also captured a nice distant looking shot of Hazel, which reminded me of a dead body, something that is actually included on the actual crime boards I have researched, so I decided it was a good idea to edit the photograph myself to look like it's matching to the authentic crime boards with photographic evidence of the crime scene etc. I will use some internet images, but am quite happy with the fact I've been able to source these parts myself.
As soon as this came up I knew that it was something I'd like to include as I think it'd look effective to have pretend body photography, as it adds to the whole aspect of editing things.
I decided to edit in the aspect of a crime scene tape as well as a gun wound and other bruising to look like they are actually linked and her looking like she had actually been murdered rather than her just looking distant.
Using photoshop and an array of other effects (The Burn tool to add bruising and shadowing on top of the Black and White filter, as well as adding bullet wound layers and the crime scene strip) I produced the image below that I intend to include on the board in addition to the mugshots too.
Edited Version
Collected Photography
In order to produce some shots I won't actually have the props to be able to pursue what I would like to show, therefore I have used some internet sourced images for the crime board to add a bit more evidence to the crime involved.
The aspect of such includes the getaway car, or vehicle found at the scene and various pieces of evidence such as the weapons used etc.



Pictures from Daily Mail Article.

No comments:

Post a Comment