Red Material Exploration

Reference for web style in Nature.
I think in order to produce a good source of research, information on what materials are available to buy is necessary. I have produced some red stripe materials to alternatively represent the logo, the red materials include:
  • Wool
  • Duct Tape
  • Paper Strips
  • Ribbon
  • Pipe Cleaners
  • Crepe Paper
Using such materials, I'm hoping it'll help to solidify some ideas that I already have. The ribbon and the red wool are my favourites of the materials, and the aspects of having a series of idents really appeals to me.

An aspect of the whole idea of Film4 is the aspect of the different genres there are on the channel, including Crime/Thrillers which I believe would be a good mix for an ident. The aspect of red wool/string being used to line up alternate elements of design is something that would appeal to me as I feel that there is a lot to work with.
Screenshot for programme 'Dexter'
An aspect that really links the red wool/string webs, is the media of Dexter, being a way in which he works out where the blood splatters etc. using a map of webbed red wool.
I think a web of wool holding an array of props would be a good idea for this piece, especially with it being a red web of lines, alike the red logo. I can envision different genres of film being represented in props suspended in the webs, alike to something stuck in a spider web, and then it panning above the web to reveal the Film4 logo within the lines, changing the perspective in order to reveal the finished logo.
I think I will do a folded style set made of perhaps cardboard or something more substantial such as wood and cork board, and set it up with various props such as photographs, newspaper clippings and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment