Red Stripe Research

Unknown Artist- Deviant Art
In order to produce an ident that links to the logo involved, I like the idea of using a red stripe as the main component of the design for the ident. In such a way, I looked into alternate ideas and in each the aspect of a red stripe was in each idea. The components also included the aspect of making red stripes out of pre-existing formations of red e.g. Red t-shirts of people next to each other making a stripe, match ends of the red making a stripe etc. there is also an aspect of the '4' which could be represented by 4 lines that then formate the Film4 Logo, but I think I will produce a few more style frames and experimentations in order to see what works out best aesthetically.
I have been experimenting in my sketchbook and taking photographs and experimenting with magazines and existing media in order to see how the stripe of red works in alternate scenarios to find more of a concrete idea.
One of my ideas includes alternate props being wrapped up in a ribbon like stripe of red, almost acting like a snake wrapping around it's pray, something I could maybe look further into, so I know how the actual red stripe could behave. Also, another idea is to have a rose made up of the stripe that then unravels into different medias and film props, such as skulls, guns etc. Props that would represent the different genres.
Another reference I have found is the Galaxy Chocolate advert, a mixture of 3d and live film put together for more of a quirky advert.
(Client Mars, AMV BBDO Agency, TV Producer- Polly Lowles- Animation Studio Woodblock.)
Galaxy - RED from Woodblock on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment