Design Bridge- Portfolio Crit

As an extra for the London trip I contacted a Graphic Designer John Sherwood from Design Bridge who gave me a tour of the studio as well as a crit for my work.
The actual tour of the studio was really helpful and interesting as I find the aspect of motion in advertising has always fascinated me. Although John is a Graphic Designer, he does work alongside Motion Designers within the agency who I also was able to speak to. I found it interesting that such designers work together within the agency as that's something I find appealing with working as part of a team. There were alternate aspects to the agency, the idea generation department, visualisers, production and post production and editing processors. 
Motion Designers were also used for Cinema 4D models of certain products that they could use in packaging as well as gifs and online moving image adverts. Feedback As I have received feedback from John earlier last year, I showed him more current projects as well as the project I am currently still working on. Memory Book Project They really liked the thought processes behind it and the meaning it produced but said it could have more of an opening sequence and also allow more time for the audience to take in the imagery. The original music interestingly they preferred to the possible idea of changes of music throughout the video, as they said this would be too distracting but the current nostalgia track has a good tone to it and is subtle enough to be effective. Some of the images could also be edited and smoothed out for crisper results. Body Image They really liked my animatic for this project as they said themselves as an agency rely alot on animatics and storyboard development. They wished I could've brought my sketchbooks and suggested to show these off as the development of ideas and evidence of these progressions is favoured in their agency and they believe in the industry too. They suggested subtle sounds for the piece and perhaps even using Illustrator rather than Photoshop on the images for more of a rustic and analogue looking piece. They thought
the colours worked well but could have experiments with different textures to overlay on the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment