Fuzzy Duck- Portfolio Crit

I met with the head of Motion Design at Fuzzy Duck, Matt Geeling, who gave me a range of tips and advice that were really helpful.
As well as showing him some of the older projects, I showed him the Self Initiated Project to get some feedback on the overall aesthetic and the scenes so far.

Body Image Project 
He really liked the overall look and the movement of the lines, but he was worried that I could be too vague with the storyline if I made the project too long and time consuming. His advice was too ensure that I was quite harsh with myself and cutting down the scenes in order for it to work better and to be more effective within the time that I had.

Memory Book 
He enjoyed how personal this project was, and was pleased with the college look to it and especially with the depth of field he found it very effective. He did say that I needed to add more depth to the audio, and perhaps to remove the current track as it's very dramatic and distracts the audience away from the sound effects a little too much.

Showreel
I felt it was really important to first and foremost show my showreel as this is something that I need the most feedback on. He liked the overall feel to it and likes the work I showed, however parts like the live footage he didn't feel were necessary to include, unless I wanted to pursue more of a career with film. It's interesting how he suggested adapting your showreel to who you were applying for.

I found Matt's advice really helpful, and it allowed further development into my understanding of what studios look for in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment