Doll House Idea

Similar sectioned box
Overall Dollshouse 
When looking at one of the boxes in the Wham collection, I noticed that one of the boxes was sectioned out to be like a house, as to me it looked like the boxes could actually be rooms. Coming along from this idea, I decided to photograph a dollhouse I had at home, as this reminded me of the overall layout of the boxes being a house. I intend to produce some more detailed storyboards of the idea and research into what it could be and how to involve the dollhouse in more of a way.
Kitchen of Dollshouse
I have decided to photograph the dollhouse I have at home, as I initially thought this would be a nice thing to film or work from, I'd like to produce a series of drawings to work on of the rooms I take photographs of in the dollhouse project.
 The idea would be to use an open Wham storage box with the compartments to relate to the open plan style of a dollhouse, with the rooms all lining up. The kitchen would be in the 'downstairs' bottom section of the box, with the bedroom at the top etc. I can visualise it being a close up of the rooms in the dollhouse, and then zooming out to reveal that the actual house was in fact in a storage box after all, revealing the graphics of 'For Organised Living' however, I feel like there should be an additional slogan to mix in the living part of the dollhouse so that it all ties in together as an idea.
Close up of table
 I think first of all learning about the actual layouts of homes and dollhouses would be a good way to research the idea further, for it to look realistic, and the audience to immediately know what is happening.
 I think taking photographs of the dollhouse is helpful as it helps to see whether I could use it as the animating tool for this project, or simply use it as a form to animate from and research into. Another technique could be drawing from the dollhouse and using it as a study to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment