Project Reflection

During the production of this project I've learnt that time is very precious in terms of a project such as this. I am happy with the outcome that I have produced and the new techniques I have tried, however I know with more time it would've been a piece that I am proud of.
I intend to work on the piece along the year as well as the other projects in place, and here are points I'd like to improve on.

  • Speed - The overall speed of the piece is too quick, when shown to people they're not able to notice certain elements due to the speed, and the editing on the soundscape has been effected as this needed to be a slower pace too. I'm going to make a slower version and alter the soundscape accordingly and I feel that this will produce a better and more effective outcome overall.
  • Aesthetic- Personally I am happy with the overall aesthetic, however there are some gaps and edges that are showing that initially I didn't like at all. I'd like to polish off some of the images and ensure that they don't have squared off edges.
  • Sounds- Due to the speed, I feel that the sound couldn't be as effective as I would ideally like to have achieved. However, once I have rendered out a slower version, I will be able to edit the sound in order for it to be effective.
  • Depth of Field- The depth of field I added to the images to look more realistic in terms of closer objects being more blurred, I feel is very effective, however, I also noticed once the final composition had rendered, that the front cover of the piece (book) had also blurred, so needed to be altered so that it was back in focus.
Although there is faults with this piece, I like the overall effect of the memories being built up, and my choice to add a little bit of music turned out pretty well in my opinion, just the soundscape that needed altering.


No comments:

Post a Comment