War Story Final Audio & Planning Visuals

When buying books for a possible aspect of collage animation, I was influenced by old war images to try to capture a war story effectively and perhaps using the collage animation to illustrate it. When I thought of such an idea, I got reminded of the fact that my Great Grandad (My Mum's Grandad) was a pilot in the RAF, and that before he had died, he'd written an account of writing that shared his memories in detail of his experience in World War II in the planes. As a starting point, I read this piece of writing and realised it had within it a range of stories of his past, some of which were hilarious. He'd written one about his colleague being shot down in a Spitfire, and for his funeral, my Grandfather and another pilot were given the job to fly over the sea in the Wellington Bomber and drop their colleague's ashes, however, the lid fell off the urn and ended up covering his fellow pilot in ash. I decided this would be a nice, lighthearted story to be told for my animation, so asked my Mum to retell it remembering him speaking to her about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment