Grizzle - Motion Design & Animation Studio London

Screenshot from their piece for Copa90
(http://grizzle.london/work/motion-graphics/copa90-comments-intro)
When looking into studios that link to the development of my own practise, I found 'Grizzle' who describe themselves as an 'independent Animation and Motion Design Studio'. Working with a range of brands and clients, Grizzle's work has inspired me into my own practice as it links to the 2D animations I've leaned to more over the course.
Alot of the design concepts made by the studio are based on drawn aspects and illustration and seem to adopt a similar working method than I feel I have been doing through sketchbooks and drawn concepts.
I really like the idea of using drawings and physical elements as the very basis of the animations and Motion Design pieces as I feel that is how I work best, and for it to be shown in a professional environment is a positive aspect to see.

I enjoy looking at the storyboard aspects of the pieces that they have made as it really gives an insight as to what the original idea included and how the raw elements of the animation came together as a whole. This example video I'd seen was the animation sequence they had produced for Copa 90- the studio's website includes the briefs which I find fascinating as it shows what sort of briefs they get in the industry and allows me to have an insight as to what is involved and what clients actually ask for.

"Youtube channel sensation Copa90 needed an animated intro for their weekly show Comments Below. Hosted by Poet & and David Vujanic aka Vuj, the pair discuss the weeks goings on in the world of football.
The brief was inspired by Roy of the Rovers comic strips and strangely; the old animated intro from BBC kids show Grange Hill. Dah, dah, dah daaaaaa.
During the course of the animation we track Poet and Vuj as they embark on their way to the studio, naturally via Wembley stadium for a head to head shoot out between the two hosts.
Illustration for the project came from the immensely talented Roger Wade.
And, if you’re wondering where the inspiration and reference for Poet’s kick/shoot scene came from – we spent hours watching replays of thisfamous moment in footballing history by David Beckham as he secured England’s place in the 2002 World Cup."









Copa90 - Comments Below Intro from Grizzle on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment