The Hologram Gallery - Matlock Bath

I happened to stumble across this gallery in Matlock Bath that contained Hologram images that I found interesting and inspiring. The set out itself was quite interesting in the fact that there was mysterious music, and the gallery itself set out in an 'S' format so that there was plenty of room to look at the pieces from different angles, but still with flowing viewing of the audiences.
I liked the fact that these pieces are about questioning what is 3D and what is 2D, and the very difference between them. The gallery itself describes the pieces as:

 'A fusion of photography and reality'

Although I found the pieces interesting, I also found it quite unnerving of how real the images seem. Especially as you're able to see such things at such a close distance. What's inspiring is the fact that such things could perhaps both be 3D and 2D in one. The fact is that they are 2D materials, and contain flat surfaces, but the actual image from the different angles shows that there are some 3D aspects that can be captured. I think this links in a way to my animation, as although the photos that I used are purely 2D images and illustrations, I also know that there is a 3D aspect, with animation I'm producing being a 3D open version of flatter images previously used.



No comments:

Post a Comment